The Story of Bill’s Phantom Limb Pain and how it was relieved with hypnosis
4CE Credits for RNs and Mental Health Providers
YOU CAN WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH PHANTOM LIMB PAIN
You will learn techniques to work with phantom limb pain. All you have to do is watch and take notes.
This training includes a four session manual for working with pain clients.
This is the story of Bill who suffered with phantom limb pain for 15 years prior to hypnosis.
Watch and listen to his story of crawling down a mountain to his truck where he took off his orange hunting jacket, spread it out to be seen by air and then crawled under his truck to die. His story will make you cry. His success will make you smile.
There are millions of amputees with phantom limb and hundreds of military amputees returning form war you can help relieve their pain. HYPNOSIS is the most effective treatment my clients have found.
EVERY THING IS IN THESE FOUR SESSIONS:
- Bill’s Story
- Explaining hypnosis
- Sensory testing
- Induction Progressive Relaxation
- Induction Dave Elman
- Direct Suggestion
- Guided Imagery
- Self Hypnosis
- Self Esteem
- Cell Memory
- Freedom from Guilt
- Anchors and Triggers
- Home WorkBefore hypnosis
Bill had taken pain medication for 15 years as much as 4 to 5 times a week and was hospitalized on a regular basis for his severe pain.
Hypnosis allowed Bill to decrease his pain medication to once a month or less.Bill’s fifteen year ordeal with phantom limb pain
Hypnosis is becoming more sought out as an adjunct to pain management. It is a normal phenomenon that can be used positively or negatively to influence the comfort of clients and patients. The Story of Bill focuses on the uses of hypnosis and hypnotic techniques for the hypnotic treatment of phantom limb pain.
This is an amazing story told in his words of being on a mountain all alone when a blood clot stopped the flow of blood to his leg. He will tell you how he crawled down the mountain and spread out his orange jacket so rescuers could find him. He then crawled under his truck to die. He shares his rescue and his two operations that left him with no leg. But most of all he shares the agony of the pain and the ecstasy of success with hypnosis.
If you are a hypnotist you will find many successful techniques to add to your hypnotic tool kit. If you have chronic pain of any kind you will learn the amazing benefits of hypnosis for pain reduction.
43 page 4-Session Manual
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- INTRODUCTION TO PAIN MANAGEMENT SESSIONS
- 1ST SESSION OVERVIEW
- WHAT IS HYPNOSIS
- THE LEMON EXPERIENCE BY RON ESLINGER
- MAGNETIC FINGERS TEST
- BASIC ASSESSMENT
- SUCCESS FORMULA
- COUE?S LAW
- PROPER DEEP BREATH
- HVH – PROGRESSIVE RELAXATION INDUCTION
- HARTLAND?S EGO-STRENGTHENING SCRIPT
- SELF HYPNOSIS STEP 1 – PRE-SLEEP TECHNIQUE
- 2ND SESSION OVER VIEW
- DAVE ELMAN OF INDUCTION (Adaptation by Ron Eslinger
- SELF HYPNOSIS STEP 2 ? MORNING AND AFTERNOON
- 3RD SESSION OVER VIEW
- SELF HYPNOSIS STEP 3 – PROGRAMMED SUGGESTIONS
- 4TH SESSION OVER VIEW
- APPENDIX A: INTRODUCTORY SCRIPT PHRASES
- APPENDIX B: INSURANCE CODES
- APPENDIX C: INTAKE WITH INFORMED CONSENT
- APPENDIX D: BASIC ASSESSMENT
- APPENDIX E: HYPNOSIS IQ BY VERA PEIFFER
- APPENDIX F: SESSION 1 & FOLLOW UP
- APPENDIX G: PHYSICIAN NOTIFICATION OF CLIENT?S INTENT TO USE HYPNOSIS
- AUTO-BIOGRAPHYRon Eslinger, Captain US Navy Retired is an Advanced Practice Nurse, a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, a Board Certified Hypnotherapist a Certified Master Trainer with the National Guild of Hypnotists Fellow of the National Council for Hypnotherapy, United Kingdom. He has lectured and consulted internationally on matters of hypnosis, anesthesia, bioterrorism, and HIV/AIDS for both civilian and military organizations. The recipient of the 2003 National Guild of Hypnotists research award, the 2004 Presenter of the Year, and the Life Time Achievement Award from Mid-America Hypnosis Conference. Ron is the owner of Healthy Visions Wellness Center, Oak Ridge, Tennessee and Director of the Center’s School of Hypnosis.By
RN, CRNA, MA, APN, BCH, CMI, FNCH