Approved for 20 AANA and ANCC CE credits & 24 NGH Credits
Certified Hypnotists may apply for Certification in Pain Management
$450.00 When you add pain management to your practice your practice can grow exponentially!
You’ll make your money back from your first client.
Learn Hypnosis for Pain Management from a Certified Master Instructor
March 19-21, 2018– Clinton, TN – Limited Seating
Doors open 7:30 class starts promptly at 8:00am and ends at 5:00pm
8:00 – 10:00 – What is Hypnosis. The challenges of pain management. Joint Commission & NIH and hypnosis in pain management – demonstration
10:05 – 12:05 – Pain Brain Connection psychological and physical – Understanding the Limbic system and its roll in hypnosis and pain management video review and demonstration
1:00-3:00 – Video Case Presentation Phantom Limb Pain and discussion and demonstration
3:05-5:05 – 21 Steps to a successful first session
8:00 – 10:00 – The first hypnosis session strategies – tools, tips and techniques – demonstration and
10:05 – 12:05 –2nd session a Step-by-Step dynamic process most important of the sessions. Homework, self-talk, Coue`, glove anesthesia.
1:00-3:00 – 3rd & 4th session control techniques. Client directed imagery, visualization, metaphors
3:05-5:05 – Stress and sleep in the management of pain
8:00-10:00 – Common chronic pain problems – Headache, Fibromyalgia, Back pain, Cancer pain and others
10:15-12:15 – Case report with video and discussion
I initially attended this course in attempts to gain new and effective communication techniques to assist my patients in gaining self control over their pain. Much more than this was accomplished. I am walking away from this course with a new found appreciation for my own ability to control my own perception of pain . -Jennifer Green, CRNA
I truly enjoyed the course. It was a very informative weekend. I truly believe it will be helpful with my everyday work at the hospital . I also am looking forward to begin working with its chronic pain patients – Donald W. Brant
Excellent presentation. This course was one of the most informative, well presented programs I have ever attended. Ron shared his experiences openly with the participants. His resource materials are abundant. I especially recommend this program to other nurses and health care providers. I know it will greatly influence my practice. Thank you. – Maryann Boulton
Nurses and hypnotists and other health care providers will learn amazing techniques for reducing pain.
- The hypnotists will learn how to develop a treatment plan including themes and metaphors for treatment and how to create scripts specific for the client.Non-Hypnotists health care providers will learn the appropriate language in working with pain patients, hypnotic techniques and mind/body response to relieving pain.
- Nurses will learn bedside language to help patients.
- The participant will receive over 400 scripts, electronic records, many articles on hypnosis and pain. PowerPoint presentations and how to start a practice will also be included. This CD along is worth the price of the Seminar.This is the only seminar that teaches the four non-pharmacological pain control methods and their relationship to hypnosis.The door for hypnotists to work with multidisciplinary pain management teams has been opened by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). JCAHO set standards for the assessment of pain and states that alternative non-pharmacological methods for pain management may be used by all hospitals.
Pain clinics are hiring qualified complementary healthcare practitioners to meet these standards. This seminar will focus on hypnotic intervention sessions for patient visits one through four in a comprehensive step-by-step model. The sessions will include the study of hypnotic techniques for the treatment of Headaches, Chronic Post Surgical Pain, Cancer Pain, Back and Neck Pain.
The reason for the use of hypnosis in chronic pain management will be explained with the emphasis on the clinical practice of hypnosis involving physician referrals in an outpatient setting.
Demonstrations and antidotal case studies will be reviewed and will include: the method of hypnotic induction, formulating hypnotic suggestions for decreasing or removal of symptoms, and metaphorical guidelines with goal setting and treatment planning. Hypnosis as a coping skill in dealing with secondary gain will also be included.
This seminar will focus on the use of hypnosis in pain management within the clinical context. Specific methods of pain control in the treatment of acute, chronic, and post surgical pain will be presented. This will include the differences between acute and chronic pain, both physiologically and psychologically.
Participants will discuss the use of hypnosis and related relaxation techniques in the management of pain, with a focus on the use of hypnosis as a means of providing the client with a renewed sense of controlling their disease rather than being controlled by it.
This course covers the study of hypnotic techniques for the treatment of
- Stress Induced Headaches
- Vascular Headaches
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Post Surgical Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Labor & Delivery
- Back and Neck Pain
- Tic Douloureux
- Post Surgical Pain; Why it occurs and the how to manage,
- Back and Neck Pain
- Temporomandibular Disorders
- and other specific pains
This pain management course will help you
- Increase the breadth of your practice by helping your clients to overcome chronic pain
- Increase the profitability of your practice
- Position yourself as being the expert in pain management
- Work with physicians and other health professionals, getting you more referrals for other issues as well
- Working with just one client will pay for the entire cost of this course
Continuing education credits for RNs
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 20 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1033903; Expiration Date 08/30/17.
Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State nurses Association, and accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC). Approved for 20 CE credits; Code 5-133.
Ron Eslinger, CAPT, USN, Retired, RN, CRNA, MA, APN, BCH, CMI, FNGH
Work with medical professionals using hypnosis as a tool for the health and wellness of their patients (your clients)
The door for hypnotists to work with multi-disciplinary pain management teams has been opened by the Joint Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).
JCAHO set standards for the assessment of pain and states that alternative non-pharmacological methods for pain management be used by all hospitals.
I will show you how to introduce hypnotic techniques to multi-disciplinary pain clinics and hospital health promotion departments.
This is the only pain management course that teaches the four non-pharmacological pain control (holistic) methods and their relationship to hypnosis.
Four session model
This course will show you to successfully perform hypnotic intervention sessions for patients in four sessions using a comprehensive step-by-step model.
1st session Developing client rapport; managing client expectations, client Intake,contracts, inductions, scripts, success formula & ego states and much more to ensure success during the first interaction.
2nd session Step-by-Step dynamic process (most important of the sessions); Homework, prep them on self talk, Coue, Glove anesthesia, control techniques.
3rd session – Client directed, imagery, visualization, metaphors, demonstration, discussion.
4th session – Client controlled with reinforcement and monitored practice. Case studies and actual recordings of client sessions is included!
Through Demonstration and Case Studies, the participant will be introduced to the following
- How simple words and hypnotic suggestions can change the pain perception.
- Mastering Pain is to understand the differences in the nature and management of chronic and acute pain.
- Pain can be sorted into three main types: Acute, Chronic, and Cancer pain.
- All who suffer from pain have a right to pain relief.
- Hypnosis can dramatically alter an individual’s perception of pain, and its value as a clinical technique has been well documented.
- The importance in controlling pain is to limit suffering and to preserve hope.
- Empowering The Pain Client by Releasing Their Inner Pharmacy EMS System (Endorphins, Melatonin, Serotonin).
- Toxic tongues equal toxic outcomes.
The definition approach
Hypnosis, as evidenced by its multi-centennial history, is one of the first and foremost enduring modalities in the management of organic pain problems. In proper perspective, hypnosis may not only relieve pain, but may also help to maintain the dignity and the well being of the patient/client without dependence on large quantities of medication.
- Non-pharmacological models of pain management
- When pain is no longer our friend
- Answering questions sent in from newly certified hypnotists
- The importance of using and teaching relaxation and stress management to pain sufferers
- Overcoming sleep disorders – Sleep better, feel better, guaranteed
- Demonstration with group participation
- Weight management & nutrition and pain management
- Smoking/tobacco cessation and pain management
Hypnosis is not a Complementary approach, but a Psychological Therapy for pain management. Learn how and why Hypnosis is the most flexible non-invasive treatment model for dealing with pain. Hypnotists will be surprised to learn that they have already mastered the three basic ingredients to insure success. But you don’t have to be a hypnotist or hypnotherapist to take this course, it is all in here.
The end result
- You’ll learn a step-by-step blue print for sessions one through four for working with clients and/or groups
- You’ll learn the use of hypnosis in a clinical practice
- You’ll learn to have client/patient demonstrate the physiologic effect of hypnosis
- You’ll learn a four-step model for pain management
- You’ll learn the importance of cell memory and regression in pain management
- You’ll learn the importance of varied hypnotic inductions in pain management
- You’ll learn the value of the word comfort
Healthy Visions Training Center
351 Market Street
Knoxville McGhee-Tyson Airport code (TYS) 35 minutes from Clinton.
When registration is received, you will be sent a full registration packet with accommodations, Airport info, Area Attractions, and pre-course preparation materials.
Please Schedule Flights for 3:00pm or later.
Directions to Healthy Visions – American School of Clinical Hypnosis, International
Holiday Inn Express – 865-457-2233
111 Hillvale Road
Clinton, TN 37716
Hampton Inn – 865-690-8070
105 Hillvale Road
Clinton, TN 37716
Comfort Inn – 865-457-2255
120 Welcome Lane
Clinton, TN 37716
Healthy Visions is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Alabama State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) Code 5-133. One (1) CNE credit awarded for each 60-minute contact hour.